Apply for the Live Your Dream Award
The Live Your Dream Awards offers three levels of cash awards. The program begins at the local Soroptimist club level, where award amounts vary. Club-level award recipients become eligible for either a $3,000 or $5,000 award. Those recipients become eligible for one of three $10,000 finalist awards.
Ultimately, a Live Your Dream Awards finalist has the potential receive up to $16,000 to help offset tuition costs, pay student loans, or find reliable childcare so she can worry less about how to pay her bills and focus on reaching her dreams.
Recipients can receive up to $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club in your area.
Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award.
Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards.
The Live Your Dream Award has been a tremendous blessing for me in helping me to conquer my dreams and it gave me this boost of confidence to keep pressing forward.
— Ivana, Live Your Dream Award Recipient
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
How to Apply
The application period is currently closed. Applications will be accepted beginning July 1, 2018 through November 15, 2018. If you'd like to get a head start, here are a few things you can do to prepare for your application:
Plan who your two references will be:
No need to collect letters. We'll provide a form for your references to complete when the application process opens up. Until then, think about who your two biggest cheerleaders are ... they can be mentors, teachers, counselors, supervisors, colleagues, or case managers.
Draft your personal statement:
The Live Your Dream Award is all about helping women who have faced economic and personal hardships to live their dreams. Since 1972, the award has provided tens of thousands of women with cash grants to help them achieve their educational and career goals. The program helps women build a better life for themselves and their families. In 750 words or less, tell us about the challenges you’ve faced and how you think this award could help you to live your dream.
Mark your calendar:
We begin accepting applications July 1 - November 15. You're already ahead of the game, but come see us July 1 to officially submit your application!